Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Orienteering Kings Mountain National Military Park 3-Mar-2012

With my recent terrible performances, I needed a good showing this month.  It is usually cold and nasty, or the place is on fire.  It was great weather this month.

I ran Green again. Point 1 was no nonsense, 2 was an easy find. 3 was a pretty long let, but an easy ridgeline to track to.  4 seemed like climbing Mt. Everest.  I hadn't really been working out that much and paid for it climbing a hill to get to 4.  5 was a hike, decided to take the high road and stay away from the jungle below.  Passed a young wipper snapper who decide to stay in the valley.  6 was super easy.  7 was a little of a struggle.  Many folks were circling looking for this point. Then off to the finish for a 4 out of 15 place.  Not too bad, one of those days where if I woulda pushed harder, I could of easily come in 2nd.



Joey came in 2nd on Orange, he did a great job.  I have been pushing him to run the more advanced courses and he is stepping up.

Results are here:

http://www.carolina-ok.org/results/season_2011-2012/2012-03-03/index.php

No comments:

Post a Comment