Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Kings Mountain State Park, 11/5/2011

Well I had to make up for my worst meet ever last month. Jennifer and Darwin came in 2nd out of 4. Joey again came in first out of eight.




Where did I come in? Drum roll please... 1st! I smoked it today, beating the competition by 43 minutes.



































This was as a great course (of course it was ). Strong right out of the gate to point 1. Got behind a crowd going to 2 and then 3 was a bit of a challenge. 4 and 5 were straightforward and could have done better on 6. I blew right past 7 on the road and then had to make up for it at 8. 9 was a little hard to find and then it was the mad dash from 10 to the finish where everyone was surprised to see me so soon!








To top it off, we were locked in to the venue! We were however able to call and get the combination to the lock and free ourselves from a night in the woods with a pack of gummy bears and Gatorade!

No comments:

Post a Comment