Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Crowders Mountain 10/1/2011

Well Joey came in 1st out of 36 teams, Jennifer and Darwin came out 9th out of 15. And me, I got a wonderful DNF! Not to make excuses, but, coming off the half marathon personal best and seeing that there were 14 DNFs on Green that day...






Anyway, enough whining.












I started off easy enough. One and two were right on. Then it was a climb up the ridge for point 3. I was off to the right, but regained and was fine. I love coming up over the ridge and all the hikers looking at you like you are crazy.


Four was simple to find and then the fun began. I could not find 5. I combed the area for 30 min and ran into other parties searching as well. I decided to bag it and plead my case at the finish.


7 was super easy, but once again I could not find 8. I decided at this point to bag it and try again another day. I will just have to make up for it next month.


You know what they say, a bad day at orienteering is better than a good day at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment