Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day 1-Georgia Navigator Cup




GAOC accomodated us by giving us a late start time so we could leave early Saturday Morning. I fat fingered the GPS in the car, so we ended up near the park, but not quite. At least we got to test out the off-road capability of the Jeep!

We arrived in a hurry and then had a 10min jog to the start. It was hot, like Africa hot.

Joey scooted off and I went a few minutes later. On the Red course, 7.3km and 11 points. The first point was no problem, over the creek and along the hill. The 2nd point gave me fits. I tried to stay high over all the gullies and ended up South of the point. Ended up looking for it for 41 min, that would come back to haunt me.

Once I recovered, 3 was easy enough. 3 to 4 was straight up hill, luckily 4 was a water point! 5 was easy to find, but I had to sneak past the rangers house and his dogs. 6 was an easy shot down the trail and over the swamp, but off to 7, 1.5kms away, down the road and some trails.

Point 8 and 9 were straight forward, I used the trail to get to 10 and 11 was down by the finish point. A short jog (yea right) up to the finish, and for the first time ever I was overtime by 3 min. Ouch!

Joey and I made our way to the hotel for Temple Basketball, Outback and Battle LA at the movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment